For those new to “cottage life”, we do follow the same guidelines as for house rentals; but with many more perks. This is not a motel, we do not service the cottages. These are basically “tiny” houses, we do expect you to leave the cottage as you found it.
Each cottage has a set occupancy that can be found under the individual descriptions. Our occupancy policy is necessary for your comfort and safety. Please take the time to review the accommodations of each cottage to find the one that will suit your needs best before making a reservation, exceeding occupancy limits will result in eviction without refund.
We do require a first night deposit to hold a cottage. Prices are per cottage, per night. 9% NH meals and rooms tax additional. Weekly rates are based on one night free.
- Cozy cottages with books, magazines, and board games.
- Wood burning fireplaces.
- Charcoal barbeque grills at picnic tables at each cottage.
- Free Wi-Fi and cable
- Playground with a slide, swings, and climbing wall.
- Volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, and badminton.
- Shaded deck overlooking the brook.
- Great fishing locations along the brook.
- Hammocks located along the brook and throughout the property.
- Community fire pit and marshmallow sticks.
- Short nature trail.
- Our office offers a little bit of everything: tourism information, toiletries, charcoal, ice, a small selection of gifts, and Hershey’s ice cream.
- Bed linens, blankets, and pillows.
- Bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, and complimentary soap.
- Many of our cottages include a full kitchen; stove, refrigerator and equipped with the basics, as well as a toaster, pots and pans, dishes, silverware, utensils, and barbeque tools. Kitchens come with dishtowels and detergent, and trash bags. Cottages without kitchens have a microwave and a refrigerator. All cottages have a coffee maker with complimentary regular, decaf, creamer, and sugar.
- Cottages with fireplaces come with a complimentary two-hour log, and we sell additional firewood in our main office. We strictly prohibit using pine in the fireplaces. Please do not bring your own.
- Complimentary camp wood and marshmallow sticks for the Community Fire Pit.
Q: Do cottages have bathrooms?
A: Of course! All cottages come with indoor bathrooms equipped with a flushing toilet, sink, and shower. We provide the towels.
Q: Are cottages heated?
A: Yes they are! All cottages have heating for year round comfort. The fireplaces are just a bonus.
Q: Are cottages air-conditioned?
A: No. Although it can get humid during the day, a fan in the window at night usually gets cool enough for a blanket. In the mountains, temps tend to drop at night. We don’t provide air conditioning or microwaves because they draw too much power for the cottage to handle.
Q: How many people can stay in a cottage?
A: Maximum occupancies are listed under each cottage description. Please note that family cottages have a maximum number of adults, children are considered 12 and under.
Q: May we bring our dog?
A: Please do! We welcome well-behaved pets in all cottages and only assess a per stay fee. Please refer to our Pet Policy for more information.
Q: May we smoke in the cottages?
A: Because of the fireplaces, we do not restrict smoking in the cottages.
Q: May we swim in the brook?
A: Although the brook is shallow, you are welcome to bring floatation devices or let the kids wade and chase the fish.
Q: What is the history of SBC?
A: Sunny Brook Cottages opened as Birch Hill Cabins in 1932. The cabins were originally run as a summer operation, and known to be a serene oasis away from the bustle of Conway’s lumber operations and North Conway’s tourism.
After changing hands and names a few times, Sunny Brook Place went through major renovations in 1987 when the cottages were insulated and the plumbing replaced for winter rental. With new owners eleven years later, “Place” was changed to “Cottages.”In February 2015, Jane and Ken bought Sunny Brook Cottages with the plan to continue the tradition of being a “home away from home” for guests.